Monday, November 10, 2008

Stuffed Mushrooms

Connie Bucy in Idaho credits her sister Cynthea with this one:

A couple of weeks ago before one of our BSU (Boise State University) football games, my oldest son Seth called and wanted my stuffed mushroom recipe and told him I was going to dig it out as I was going to make them here for the game, also. Well, as I found the recipe, I remembered how I acquired it.

Quite a few years ago when Seth was still at home, he had asked if I would make my sister Cynthea's stuffed mushrooms for him and I told him I didn't have a recipe, but he could call her and get it from her, so that's what he did. Unfortunately, the "original" was incomplete at best, such as "caps out, chop up real fine" and "crisp bacon real fine." So I decided to take the ingredients and come up with a more solidified recipe. Please feel free to change it as you choose!

18-20 med-large mushrooms
6 mushroom caps, diced
6 pieces thickly sliced bacon, cooked & chopped real fine
4 ounces cream cheese (not diet)
1/3 cup finely chopped onion
1 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 cloves minced garlic
1 tsp. dried parsley (or fresh if you have it on hand)
Salt and pepper to taste

Clean mushroom and remove all stems. Combine all ingredients and stuff into mushrooms. Cook at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes. Obviously, depending on the type and size of the mushroom, the amount it will stuff will vary.

2 comments:

Sheri' said...

Go BSU!!!! Can't wait to tailgate with you guys! You should come over - Seahawks tickets are going cheap(er) this year!

Tina/Connie said...

maybe you should come watch a BSU game!! Lol!